Welcome to Our Website
The Philippine Nurses Association of Greater Kansas City (PNAGKC) is a tax exempt, non-profit 501(c)(3) organization which was established in 1991 as a constituent chapter of the Philippine Nurses Association of America (PNAA)
It is a voluntary professional organization of nurses serving our community by assisting and supporting several area organizations.
Objectives of Our Chapter
- Providing professional expertise, manpower and resources without compensation to various non-profit agencies and medical missions to impoverished areas.
- Provide scholarship to qualified and deserving nursing students in the Philippines and United States of America to assist them in completing their nursing education.
- Network with professional organizations and agencies in developing and implementing programs relevant to nursing practice and education to increase the knowledge, skills and professional competencies of nurses so they can deliver safe and excellent care to the public.
- Provide a forum for exchange of information, exploring issues and problems and to develop educational tools and strategies to solve nursing issues.
- Provide free/low cost education to the public about health maintenance, preventative care and basic life support.
- Develop and implement research programs focusing on the health care needs of the Filipino-Americans in the Greater Kansas City area.
- Promote activities that will unify Filipinos nurses in the Greater Kansas City area to achieve the associations major goals.